Thursday, January 7, 2010

Exciting news!

Here in Houston, we've been experiencing a Minnesota Heat Wave all week, with temperatures dipping way into the teens tonight - yes, you read that correctly - the TEENS! It is crazy and we're really hoping our banana, palm and orange trees make it. Anyway, if anyone knows me, they will tell you that I don't do cold. So, the girls and I have been hanging around the house, just playing with the new toys and working on arts and crafts. It's been a pretty dreary week (+ coupled with the fact that I was sick Tuesday and Wednesday).

But, in the midst of all this cold and grayness, we do have a few good things to announce:

1. The biggest news of all is that Little Miss Georgia Ann has her first tooth!! Yay for Georgia! I've been trying to get a picture of it but she's still trying to keep it a secret of her own.l Georgia - everyone now knows so go ahead and show us a big smile.

2. All fall, I focused on my photography skills in hopes that I could improve enough to be accepted into professional photography group. The one I had my eye on demands that you master the basics like clarity, color and composition. Lots of people apply and many are denied. Anyway - I went ahead, bit the bullet, and applied on Jan 2nd. Since then, I've been stalking my email day and night. Well, this morning I woke up the wonderful news that I was accepted!! I had to submit a portfolio of 30 pictures. This is what I sent, if you are interested.

Have a good day - and try to stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment